Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Facial metamophorsis...

Change, they say is the only constant thing in life. People change in looks, shape, height, attitude and so on. I have learnt that theres no way you can please human beings, even the great yoruba music icon-Dr. Ebenezer Obey also testified to it in his hit albulm-The man, his son & the horse.
As a young man that have great passion for African culture and tradition, i have for a very long time love the way dreadlocks brings out the beauty of Africans. Each time i come accross anyone with dreadlocks, i always steal a glance and i appreciate it a lot and i believe one day, i will also grow locks. With this in mind, i decided 4 months ago that the time has come for me to also wear that wonderfull looks called-Dreadlocks...

I got various comments when my hair started growing and forming the locks, comments that were both positive and negative but due to the fact that i have learnt not to please people but to do what will make me happy and comfortable with myself, i have to go on...so my looks changed and i became a rastafarian..hehehehe.


5 months gone by and i enjoyed lots of compliments from both young and old, men and women, white and blacks telling me how they either love my new look or how they hate seeing me with dreadlocks..Some of my family members also made their comments about it. Infact i have to hide my recent pictures from one of my brothers that works at a managerial position of the central bank of Nigeria(name withheld), because i knowt he doesnt like locks and i so much hold him in high esteem and he is one person that i will not want to make unhappy with my new look if at last he sees it and doesnt like it. Five month gone by and i decided to let go!....finally yesterday, i went to a barbing salon and i asked that my hair be scrapped. the barber was surprised likewise other customers at the salon. infact at a point in time, it became a kind of campaigh rivalry between the people at the salon as some were begging me to leave it that its very fine and neat on me while some said they dont like locks and that i should go ahead. I didnt even bothered myself with their campaighs as i dont need them voting before i go ahead with my decision. Wow, one might wonder why?..well dont even bother asking me because i dont have a reason for my action...i just want to change my looks again!!!. I wanted dreadlocks and i made it..now i wanted skin and something that requires lesser attention and lesser care and thats why i had my hair cut....
In life, change is the only constant thing and i am always ready for change all the time. As soon as i had my hair cut, the customers at the salon had another round of arguments on my new look, some said i look worse now while others said i look cute and cool...well, its their opinion and they have the rights to say anything..what i know is that i want a new look and i got it..
My dad use to tell us that "everybody is the architect of his own fortune or misfortune". i am the architect of my own new look...have a wonderful weekend..




No comments: