Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sewanu- My African Queen...
















Eleven years ago....
I met you at the boys & girls brigade meeting
You were beautiful, Young and innnocent
Very irresistible that i cant look away
I found it very hard to tell you how i felt
But because its destiny at work
I couldnt but open my mouth
And pour out my feelings through words...


Ten Years ago....
You showed me love in a rare way
Very unconditional, youthful and genuine
We bacame the talk of the town
A model and yardstick for true love
We top the list of newest and best couple
Both in town, in church and in school
It was as if we have been together for ages


Nine years ago....
We went on a visit to Ouidah
to rediscover your root and reconnect
with the people called the"Whedahs"
lineage to which your grandfather belongs
It was fun, revealing and memorable
I could remember how you felt
Eating, talking and playing with your blood.


Eight years ago.....
I bought you that african bangles & necklace
Made from original Clay and bamboo
Cheap but unique, cultural and rare
The clay symbolizing our 'sticking together'
The bamboo..representing the strenght
And the pillars of our love and life.
No wonder you still kept it till today...


Seven years ago...
You became the lead actress in the epic Drama-
"Wailings from Africa" a reflection of the slave trade
To show the world, the african side of the trade
Which before now has not been given much attention
Your role gave me much fulfillments and happiness
You were part of history and made history
And you didnt rest your oars since then...
.















To be continued....

1 comment:

Chinwe Oguamanam said...

This is really beautiful. Your wife is really lucky. Where is she from? Your daughter is cute, very much so.